The Consent to Advocate for Responsible AI agreement (CARA) allows us to represent your interests when it comes to ways AI companies can compensate you for their use of your content and how search experiences will be presented to your users.
How to sign the agreement
In your Raptive dashboard, click on your profile in the top right corner. In the dropdown, click “AI Advocacy Consent.”
Here’s the plain English breakdown of the agreement:
- It’s a one-year global agreement that renews unless one of us cancels
- You appoint us as non-exclusive advocate, meaning you can have others advocate on your behalf as well, but you’ll let us know if you sign a similar agreement with someone else
- We hope to be able to negotiate basic agreements around use and compensation of content and how search might work
- You will have the opportunity to opt in or out of any deals that we may negotiate
- We will be advocating with legislators and policymakers independently and possibly as part of a coalition of other big media companies
- We will talk to press and advertisers to galvanize support for creators and the value of your content
- We are providing all of the services associated with the minimum agreements free of charge
- If there is a future financial deal, we will agree upon the payment details in an additional (optional) agreement
- You will let us use your name, business name, website(s), city/state if US, city/country if international (for regulatory advocacy) and we may also use this in other coalitions we join
- You may have exposure to confidential information as a part of our advocacy efforts, we ask you to keep it confidential—in line with your overall agreement with Raptive
- You are permitted to share with other creators—in fact, we want you to!
- If you decide you don’t want to participate in our advocacy program anymore, you can notify us
- The agreement will automatically terminate if you decide to leave Raptive
- You agree that you have the authority to sign this kind of agreement for your company
How is this different from the AI Open Letter?
Anyone can sign the AI Open Letter—creators, consumers, brands that support creators—the more signatures, the better! The Open Letter helps us show tech companies, regulators, and others the broad impact creators have on the world and the people who love their content.
The Consent to Advocate for Responsible AI is an agreement specifically between Raptive and Raptive customers. It enables us to advocate more directly for your rights, and shows companies we are able to begin negotiations on your behalf.
Can I revoke this at any time?
Yes. If you decide you don’t want to participate in our advocacy program anymore, you can notify us.
If there are specific terms for compensation or other details will I have an opportunity to agree to them/sign-off?
Yes. We hope to be able to negotiate basic agreements around use and compensation of content and how search might work. We’ll come back to you for additional consent before negotiating any financial terms with anyone on your behalf.
Will you mention my site specifically?
Yes. This agreement gives us permission to use your name, business name, website(s), city/state if US, city/country if international (for regulatory advocacy). Each of these pieces of information is important to our advocacy efforts.