Turn product links on your site into affiliate links automatically with Link Monetizer, a feature of Raptive’s Affiliate Platform. We’re starting out with a strong group of retailers like Walmart, Target, and others where we’ve negotiated special commission rates for Raptive creators, with big plans to expand!
- An easy way to make more money: Earn more money from content you’ve already created, and simplify turning product links into affiliate links without doing any extra work.
- Drive higher ad spending: When you participate in Raptive’s Affiliate Platform, our partners may also spend more money on your site through advertising. It’s a double benefit!
- Diversify your revenue: Supplement your advertising revenue with a new revenue stream.
How it works
We’ll install Link Monetizer via the Raptive Affiliate plugin or add the script to your site—Link Monetizer is compatible with any CMS (content management system.)
Link Monetizer will find links in your content to Walmart, Target, and other retailers we partner with and automatically convert those links to affiliate links. When a reader makes a purchase through one of the links, you’ll earn top affiliate commissions.
Participating retailers as of January 2024:
- Home Depot
- Williams Sonoma
- West Elm
- Pottery Barn
- PB Kids
- PB Teen
- Mark and Graham
- Fuel Meals
- Envato Placeit
- Best Buy
You’ll find a link to view the available commissions for each partner on the Commerce Earnings page in your dashboard.
Who should run Link Monetizer?
Any creator can benefit from Link Monetizer. It’s easy to turn on, and it makes sure that you’re making maximum affiliate revenue any time you’ve linked to a product for one of our retail partners in your existing catalog of content on when you’re creating new content! Your readers trust your recommendations—Link Monetizer can make you extra revenue when they click on product links and make purchases.
You’ll earn the most money from Link Monetizer when you include links to our partners’ products in popular content where your readers are clicking.
Required: affiliate disclosures
Before you begin using any Raptive affiliate products, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires certain disclosures on your site:
- On any page that contains affiliate links
1. Pages that contain affiliate links
On each page that contains affiliate links, you must state that there are affiliate links on the page and that you may earn a commission if readers make a purchase through links on your site.
This text needs to be above the fold, meaning the reader should not have to scroll to find the disclosure. Many sites place this in smaller text near the top of every page so it’s clearly visible and not intrusive.
- This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
- I get commissions for purchases made through links on this post.
- This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
- Note: the words “disclosure policy” must link out to your disclosures page.
If you wish to have an additional disclosure next to a product link where it appears in the text, you may do so. However, this does not replace the need for a disclosure at the top of the page above the fold.
The examples above are guidelines only. You can use any language you like as long as it’s compliant with the FTC’s Dot Com Disclosures Guidelines, the FTC’s Endorsement Guides, the FTC’s Endorsement Guides FAQs, and any additional merchant terms and conditions, which can be found here.
It’s your responsibility to adhere to each merchant’s terms and conditions and the FTC guidelines, so it’s worth familiarizing yourself with both.
Common plugins used to add affiliate disclosures to posts:
- WP Affiliate Disclosure
- WP Code
- Ad Inserter
Link Monetizer revenue reporting
Once we’ve installed Link Monetizer, earnings will be available in your dashboard after your first reader’s purchase. You’ll find your affiliate revenue reported in a new Commerce Earnings page in your dashboard, and it will be paid out with your regular Raptive earnings.
- Earnings: Your commissions for purchases made. May fluctuate due to returns or exchanges until they are locked by the retailer.
- Locked Earnings: Your guaranteed commission after retailers’ lock-in dates. Locked earnings will not change even if an item is returned or exchanged.
Most merchants typically finalize affiliate commissions 60 days or more after a reader makes a purchase to account for returns. You’ll see affiliate revenue in your dashboard after a reader makes a purchase, but the revenue may fluctuate during this “lock-in” period (which may be different for each merchant.)
Once the merchant finalizes the commission, you'll receive affiliate earnings on Raptive’s typical net-45 schedule.
Note: Link Monetizer revenue is not included in your daily ad revenue reporting on the My Dashboard page or in any other Earnings reports currently.
Earn more with Link Monetizer
Your Link Monetizer earnings will vary depending on a number of factors, like your traffic to pages with product links and how likely your audience is to purchase from those retailers. It can be hard to predict affiliate revenue because it depends so much on your readers’ behavior—do they click your links, and do they buy products through those links?
The more your readers act on your recommendations and engage on your site, the more you can generally expect to make from affiliate revenue:
- Add product links from Link Monetizer partners to any new posts you’re creating and promoting.
- Use Link Monetizer alongside Amazon Associates to give readers other ways to purchase products. It won’t affect your Amazon links!
- Instead of having to manually generate affiliate links with other programs like RewardStyle/LTK or individual affiliate programs, let Link Monetizer do the work for you. All you have to do is link to products from Link Monetizer partners. Link Monetizer will turn them into affiliate links for you and make sure you don’t leave any money on the table!
- Provide multiple ways your readers can buy a single product—even if you’re already linking to that product on Amazon, add links to the same product at Walmart, Target, etc.
- Think about your affiliate content strategy—are there new posts you could create around any products from Link Monetizer partners? Use these guides from the Raptive Resource Center to take your affiliate content to new levels!
Link Monetizer FAQs
How do I get Link Monetizer?
Link Monetizer is currently rolling out to Raptive creators by invitation, but we’re happy to set this up for you if you’re interested! Just reach out to the team.
I’m running Link Monetizer—when will I start to see revenue in my dashboard?
You’ll begin to see affiliate earnings on the Commerce Earnings page in your dashboard as soon as our retail partners report purchases via your affiliate links.
Will Link Monetizer affect any other affiliate links I have running on my site?
Nope! Link Monetizer will only convert any plain (unaffiliated) product links to participating retailers on your site. It won’t affect your existing affiliate links at all or any affiliate links you choose to add in the future.
How are links selected?
You always pick the links! When you choose to link to a product from a participating retailer, Link Monetizer will convert it to an affiliate link for the same product with the same retailer when someone clicks on it.
This means that for now, you can’t choose specific pages or links where Link Monetizer will run or not run.
How does the affiliate cookie window work?
Once a site visitor clicks an affiliate link on your site, you’ll earn commissions on any products purchased from that retailer within the referral window defined by that retailer.
For example, the visitor could click an affiliate link for a toy and add it to their cart. While on the retailer’s site, they might also add some clothes to their shopping cart and then check out. You would earn a commission on all commissionable items purchased, including the clothes.
Another example is if a visitor clicks on an affiliate link for a toy, decides not to buy the product, and leaves the retailer’s website. A few days later, the same person could return to the retailer’s website to buy a few health/beauty products. You will still earn a commission on this purchase if it is within the specified number of days since the user clicked on your affiliate link.
What is the increased direct advertising spend?
Raptive creators benefit from direct deals with advertisers, which is part of how you earn higher RPMs. Creators who use Link Monetizer are also eligible for a higher portion of some participating retailers’ direct ad spend. Some partners prioritize ad spend toward creators who drive affiliate traffic and orders.
How do I turn off Link Monetizer if I want to stop using it?
Like your ads, Link Monetizer requires a 30-day notice to discontinue. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to stop using Link Monetizer.